Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I'm singing in the hailstone

Soundtrack: Brian Eno - Before and After Science


Gah, I just got caught in a huge hailstone storm on my way back from lunch. My tights are soaked now.

I don't know what it is about hailstone, but I find it a very apocalyptic weather. It's so fierce, so powerful, so full of hatred, it just makes me feel like the end of the world is nigh. Or 'nice' as my subconscious just told me to type. The end of the world is nice. Sounds like a Douglas Coupland novel.

The weather has been so schizophrenic this year. April has still seen snow, followed by a heatwave (in which I ate scones by the Thames in Windsor). And here's me, walking around in my spring-to-summer transition cardigan and freezing my metaphorical bollocks off. All I want to do right now is go on a nice relaxing beach holiday, feeling the warmth against my skin, cool off in the sea. Which is quite strange as I hate the sun. My favourite weather has to be rain - but not when I have to go anywhere. I prefer rain when I'm lying in bed at night with the window open. So soothing and calming.

Enough about the weather. Anyone would think I was British.

No comments:

Post a Comment