Monday, April 25, 2005

Every step you take

Soundtrack: The Monkees - Listen to the Band


Walking to Windsor and Eton Riverside this morning was so fresh. The ground was wet after an all-night downpour, and the air was bracing, but the weather was sympathetic enough to let me trudge to the train station - keyboard and percussion on my back - through the momentary lapse of rain.

I passed the police station and saw a van backing with 'Pauleys' written on the side. It was a white van with green writing akin to that you find on Hollands or Peters pies. I was chuckling along at the thought of a pie van pulling up outside a police station. And that's when it hit me - it was quite clearly an undercover police van.

Pauleys. It's practically phonetically the same as police!

Pauleys.

Police.

Thom reminded me of an episode of The Simpsons where the FBI go undercover under the pretence of being from a company called 'Two Guys from Quantico' (Quantico being the location of an FBI training centre). I love the thought of undercover police officers hiding out in a faux pie van.

No comments:

Post a Comment