Friday, July 01, 2005

the incredible hulk

Soundtrack: Dillard & Clark - The Fantastic Expedition of Dillard & Clark


I've been going to the gym now for over a month, and the next day I always feel so revitalised and full of energy. I told myself that if I stuck at the gym, I would look into becoming a member of my work one. I looked into it, and for £12.50 a month (!!!) how can I not?

So yesterday was my induction. Mr Gym didn't show me the equipment as I can use that already, so instead he showed me toning exercises, you know, lots of leg lifting and stomach tightening, that kind of thing. The fact that this involved weights and huge bouncy balls excited me too. I didn't do much in the induction, so I thought I'd practice some of the exercises at home before I went to bed last night.


Well today I can't walk. It's not even funny. I'm waddling like a constipated penguin. Everytime I try and stand straight my legs almost buckle. I just went to the toilet (stop laughing) and thank god there's a bigger cubicle with bars to 'lower' yourself onto the throne. Such agony. And my legs are lumpy because my muscles have swollen so much.


Is this a sign that the toning exercises are working? Or should I just stick to the chuffin' exercise bike?!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous21:09

    sounds like leg cancer to me.

    ReplyDelete