Sunday, November 06, 2005

raspberry beret

It's been a busy week, and I'm feeling quite knackered today so this will be a short one.

I wanted to post the beret I've just knitted.



I can't actually seem to wear it properly at the moment, so the picture isn't great... I'm feeling a confidence crisis with it too, as usually I wear hats really well. Also, it was a bit of a swine to knit. I don't understand it, but I've ripped it up about 6 times, and I just couldn't get to grips with 'knit 3 through back of loop' and 'slip purlwise'. So it doesn't look how it's meant to, but at least it is 'textured' as it claims it should be. And it's beret-shaped, which is the most important thing. With this hat going a bit funny, and coming to a halt with my glittens (I'm having cast-on and continuation of ribbing problems) I'm going to knit something simpler next. It's for a present though, so I need to get my confidence back on track.

We had a work away day on Friday. Just as I get really busy, we're all dragged out of the office to talk about the work we should be doing. It wasn't all bad, as we got to go on the London Eye afterwards. I've been on before in the daytime, but it was dusk as we went on, and a beautiful clear night.

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks good Sharon! Anyway I've read your comment so I know your wearing it a way you like now :)
    The k3togs are hard, I got used to them in another pattern I knitted, but they were so tricky at first!

    ReplyDelete