Tuesday, June 28, 2005

love the one you're with

Soundtrack: Orange Juice

I had a half day yesterday, and went to Brighton to see Crosby, Stills and Nash. It was a beautiful day, and I had an hour to kill once Thom's train got in. I've never been to Brighton before (except to see Crosby and Nash in Feb, and then I didn't get to see the place), so I was looking forward to exploring. But instead I walked down to the beach, sat on the pebbles and read my Murakami in the sun. I didn't need to do anything else.


The gig was great, but the build up was better. In between eavesdropping about 'Well I travelled from Devon'/'Well I have a holiday home in goa', Thom and I decided to create a 'CSN Fan I Spy' game:

1 point for a man with a walking stick
1 point for a balding man with a pony tail
1 point for a man in an 1980's period 'smart shirt'
1 point for a Nash lookalike (50 if combining all the above)
1 point for a Crosby lookalike (50 if combining all the above)
100 points for a Nash lookalike in a 40-year old Beatles shirt (the real Nash's usual stage attire)


I'm not entirely sure who won, as there were plenty of points accumulated, but I did find a female Nash lookalike, which must've been worth something. Now if only we had a points system for a Stills lookalike i.e. anyone looking like Bill Bailey. I would've won hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment