Thursday, August 11, 2005

shiftwork

Soundtrack: Fairport Convention - Meet on the Ledge


Busy, busy week. Workwise and socially.

After indiepopping at How Does it Feel to be Loved on Friday night, Saturday was spent drinking coffee in Angel and BBQing in East Ham. Sunday was spent on another band photoshoot. We needed to re-do a potentially fantastic shot at Heron Quays, and have our individual photos taken in Farringdon. I ended up going for a 'having fun in a kid's playground' shot. I don't know whatever possessed me, but I wanted a photo of me smiling as that's when I shine.

Monday saw The Gresham Flyers supporting Saturday Looks Good to Me in Brixton. It was a pretty good night; SLGTM were excellent, as I imagined. Our set was better in retrospect, but onstage I felt like everything was going wrong. We had really bad feedback during the first 2 songs, but I think we saved it towards the end. All I could think all night was how it wasn't as good as our first night... but I think we did turn in a good performance in the end.

Here's a couple of photos of the night. God I love my dress!












If anyone is interested, we are streaming some 4-track recordings of one of our rehearsals at www.thegreshamflyers.com

The feeds don't show us to our full energetic potential, but at least you'll get a good idea of how we're sounding. I can't wait to get some proper recording done, so we can get a 7" duplicated, but it looks like we're going to have to wait until October for that.

And in one hour's time I'll be heading off to a little village to Cropredy to go to the folk festival held there. I can't wait. It should be nice and relaxing (the peaktime tube journey with full 66litre rucksack and tent was so relaxing), and I'm looking forward to a weekend of cider, (hopefully) sun and good music.

No comments:

Post a Comment